NEDERBURG TABLES ITS STORY
Nederburg recently hosted an intimate event entitled “Table Your Story” at Melrose Arch in Johannesburg, to celebrate the 10 winners of its recent #TellMyStory national marketing campaign.
Launched in October last year and concluded earlier in 2019, the campaign served as an open platform for consumers to submit their unique stories of how they’re doing life their own way, to stand a chance of winning their share of R200 000 (R20 000 each) towards the next chapter of their story.
The winners were wined, dined and thoroughly entertained, with popular television food personality Zola Nene as MC, and Dr Gcina Mhlophe, known as South Africa’s story-teller, taking guests on a delicious journey of discovery. The Rocketeers, a popular Johannesburg-based musical duo, set the scene with beautiful renditions of popular songs.
Also in attendance were up-and-coming South African designer, Tshepo The JeanMaker, and popular street artist, Russell Abrahams. Their own stories were portrayed via video clips posted on the brand’s social media pages during the campaign period to ignite and inspire public participation.
Russell was also commissioned to create a large street art mural in Johannesburg’s bustling Maboneng district, using 50 of the consumer stories entered into the competition as inspiration. This public piece of art was on display until the end of February.
To view campaign video clips of Nederburg, Russell Abrahams and Tshepo The JeanMaker, go to:
Suggested social media post:
Nederburg recently hosted an intimate event entitled #TableYourStory at #MelroseArch in #Johannesburg, to #celebrate the 10 winners of its recent #TellMyStory national #marketing campaign. View the pics! #SouthAfrica
Images by Chris Wessels Photography
Click here to download high-resolution images: https://we.tl/t-H22yjRvV19 (link expires on Wednesday, 3 July 2019)
1. Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Motorcycle Marvel Rhône-Style Red Blend 2016, served with the main course
2. Table setup
3. Television foodie personality and master of ceremonies, Zola Nene
4. Nederburg white-wine maker, Elmarie Botes
5. South Africa’s story-teller, Dr Gcina Mhlophe
6. Nomthandazo Landanane (winner), Zola Nene (MC), and Sibongile Landanane (Nomthandazo’s partner for the evening)
7. Starter of seared duck breast served pink with a hint of Asian five spice, Asian plum and ginger reduction, fresh apple and bok choy slaw with yuzu pearls
8. Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Beautiful Lady Gewürztraminer 2018 was served with the starter
9. Guests seated at the tables
10. The main course was delicious lamb prepared in two ways: French trim roast lamb rack served pink with an herb crust, and slow pot roasted leg of lamb prepared with thyme, rosemary, garlic, tomato and a touch of Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Anchorman Chenin Blanc, accompanied by potato and celery purée and crisp vegetables
11. The Rocketeers set the scene with beautiful renditions of popular songs
12. Niël Groenewald (Nederburg managing director), Dalene Deale (guest), Dr. Gcina Mhlophe (South Africa’s storyteller), Thato Likhoele (guest), and Patrick Kutumane (Nederburg brand activation manager)
13. The dessert course offered a delicious combination of mature whipped Gorgonzola cheese, Irish Cheddar crumble, accompanied by candied phyllo wafer chards, grilled figs and honey. It was served with Nederburg’s Heritage Heroes The Brew Master Bordeaux-Style Blend 2016.