Top Tips to Reduce Hair Loss
Hair loss is unfortunately one of the natural side effects of getting older and can be quite difficult to come to terms with. But there’s no need to panic; there are many ways in which to reduce hair loss and keep your head happy and healthy for as long as possible!
- Use a natural supplement – natural remedies, such as Trichotin Hair Regenisis (R438), improve follicle health and supply your hair with essential nutrients.
- Combat Androgenic Alopecia (male hair loss) – supplements like Trichotin DHT Inhibitor (R448) are created specifically to fight male hair loss by lowering DHT levels, preventing follicle damage and stimulating hair growth – all with only natural nutrients and herbal extracts!
- Eat more protein – amino acids found in protein are important building blocks for hair
- Make sure to get Vitamin A – this is found in foods like sweet potato, spinach and kale, and helps produce sebum and allow your scalp to retain more hair
- Use mild shampoo – harsher hair products lead to dry and broken hair
- Avoid chemicals – styling your hair with perms or colorants can do major damage. Rather opt for organic treatments to keep your hair healthy
- Relieve your stress – hair loss is often linked to stress, so it would be a good idea to start yoga or meditation to remain calm and relaxed
- Drink plenty of water – a quarter of your hair shaft is comprised of water so staying hydrated is essential for healthy hair growth
- Avoid smoking – this limits the oxygen supply to your scalp, therefore impacting your hair’s growth and health
- Make time for exercise – regular physical activity helps balance your hormones which are necessary for healthy hair
- Prevent or limit sweat – hair that accumulates sweat over time can be subject to weaker roots and thus an increase in hair loss
- Limit heat – hairdryers, straighteners and other heat sources damage the protein in your hair and can lead to brittle, fragile strands.
- Increase your intake of Omega-3 – found in fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel, this reduces inflammation and stress, helping reduce hair loss
- Get enough sleep – this is essential to strengthen your immune system which helps with healthy hair growth
- Avoid brushing wet hair – hair is weaker when wet, so allow natural drying or use a wide tooth comb