Well Worn at Cavalli weaves a tale of art and Zeitgeist.
Cavalli, the Cape wineland’s finest art destination, continues to captivate both art lovers and avid foodies, this time with ‘Well Worn’, an eclectic display of intricate fashion and textile design. Participating artists are set to explore fashion as a manifestation of contemporary culture during this compelling exhibition which opens at the Gallery at Cavalli on the 4th of February and runs until the 27th of May 2018.
THEMBA MBUYISA | Pool of Hats_2017_Photographic Archival Paper_Edition of 6_84.1 x 118.9 cm.
If art serves as a mirror to our civilization, what truer way is there to reflect on our Zeitgeist than to examine art in its closet form to us – through fashion and textiles. Fashion is a true manifestation of the times and of our current psychological, social political and visual existence.
Fashion has played an integral role in human expression and over the years has woven its way into contemporary art practice. Artworks will include figurative, abstract and conceptual works, as well as sculptural, photographic, performative and video graphic artwork.
The ‘Well Worn’ exhibition opens on Sunday, 4 February 2018, between the hours of 4pm – 6pm with a fashion performance by designer Megan Taljaard and performance artist Rozanne Vos. For more information, contact Amy Lyn Eveleigh on 021 855 3218 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Restaurant at Cavalli is proud to announce the recent appointment of executive chef Michael Deg and his concept ‘ONE at Cavalli’. Each month, the creative kitchen team selects one hero ingredient to add to the evolving menu. February is the month of the beetroot, featuring a selection of fresh summer dishes for relaxed “Everyday Gourmet” experience. The Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner 5 days a week, from Wednesday to Saturday. Sundays lunch only. Restaurant bookings: (021) 855 3218 (9am – 5pm
ILENE BOTHMA | Shroud_Archival Print on Cotton Rag with Embroidery_101 x 78.5 cm
* Cavalli was awarded the Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism award for Architecture and Landscapes in Bilbao, Spain.
* The Restaurant at Cavalli wins South Africa’s most stylish restaurant at the Eat Out Mercedes Benz Restaurant Awards.
*Cavalli is one of ONLY 3 South African establishments to make it on to Food & Wine’s international “GO List”, a significant global accolade.
*Cavalli 4 Star Green Building Certificate from the Green Building Council of South Africa, becoming the first Green Star rated restaurant in the country.
*Cavalli’s wine label Warlord wins the Wine Label Design Awards prestigious People’s Choice award for best wine label in South Africa.
* Tim Atkin awards Cavalli wines 91/100; 2016 Vendetta, 2015 Cremello and 2015 Colt
* Cavalli Cremello 2015 Wins Grand Cru Best in Class and Double Platinum at NWC Awards.
* Cavalli Cremello 2015 Wins Trophy for Best White Blend at Old Mutual Trophy Awards.
* Cavalli Cremello 2015 selected for 2017 Sommeliers Selection Wine List
* Cavalli Chardonnay Vineyard block awarded 2nd Place in Vinpro’s 2017 Vineyard Practice Competition.
* Cavalli Pink Pony 2015 placed in Top 10 Rosé’s nationally in 2016
* Cavalli Pink Pony 2015 Wins Double Gold at National Wine Competition
* Cavalli Pink Pony Wins Best label at Rose Rocks 2015
* Cavalli White Knight Chenin Blanc voted top 10 Chenin in RECM Best Value Awards
CAVALLI ESTATE INFORMATION:
Style of Food: “Everyday Gourmet” lunch and dinner / International
Address: Strand Rd (R44) Somerset West, 7129
Contact telephone: (021) 855 3218
Opening hours: Wednesday – Saturday for lunch and dinner. Sundays lunch only.